Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do i get rid of brown spots on my polo shirts ?

I have had lots of yellow polo shirts and other colors too but this only seems to happen to my yellow shirts after I wash and dry them , and i hate it because its my favorite color shirt to wear . Can someone please tell me how to prevent this or better yet , how to get rid of them this has ruined 8 of my yellow shirts and i really don't wanna buy another just to ruin it . I'd really appreciate it !How do i get rid of brown spots on my polo shirts ?
you may have rust in your washer. spots show up as little streaks and only on light colors. there is a product called Carbona. they make one just for taking rust out. you could also try peroxide. it WILL NOT bleach the color out, but it eats away organic material. this works for a while, but not forever. if its been more than a few days, the stains in the old shirts are probably set. you could still try it see if they lighten and then you'll know if thats your problem.





now, that is if they are actual spots. if its the whole shirt getting dingy, you need to separate your stuff better. don't bleach them and don't wash them with anything thats darker than they are. also, adding a 1/2 cup of vinegar to your wash will help maintain the color, but not bring it back if its already too late.How do i get rid of brown spots on my polo shirts ?
Is your dryer old? or are you going to laundromat? it's probably the dryer has some rust spots in it and its coming off on all your wet clothes and setting in them when they dry(dryer heat sets stains in clothes so if it doesn't come out rewash it, but don't dry it unless you want it to be permanent).





When you wash your shirts either hang them to dry(like in the bathroom so no basement smell) or if you can lay them flat to dry. you can toss them in the dryer to soften them up but I wouldn't leave them in for longer than 5 minutes.





I've had good success with Shout Advance Gel. it's comes in a blue spray bottle and it's like $3.50 at retailers. Its the only thing I've found that actually says you can let it set on clothes for up to 7 days. Most have to be washed with in 10 to 15 minutes. Like I said earlier if it doesn't come out rewash but don't put it in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment